Monday, October 21, 2013

Life Changes!



Dear Piano Students:

I have decided to make some life changes that will go into effect January 1, 2014 that will affect some of you. I am going to be moving to Salem at the end of December to live near my daughter, Taylor who will be graduating from OSU in December! Taylor lives and works in Salem. The rent much cheaper in Salem and I really miss Taylor!

In addition, I will be enrolling in the Music Thanatology program at Lane Community College! Lots of changes! :)

I will still be teaching at CMC on Thursdays and Fridays, and I will still be accompanying the Francis Street Singers Tuesday evenings.

In keeping with my walking and busing lifestyle, I will be taking Amtrack up to Portland Tuesday through Saturday to teach. (Less expensive than driving!) 

The biggest change for you is that I will only be able to do house calls! And since I will be walking and busing, I will need time to get from house to house, so I may have to reduce the amount of students I am teaching.

I am hoping to group my students in similar neighborhoods.

I will be available the following days and times beginning the 2nd week in January:

(Please note that my lessons are 30 minutes, but I am allowing 30 minutes travel in between. The time may be adjusted if there are more than 1 student taking lessons in a household, or the distance between houses is very small for these short legs to travel!)

Tuesday (CMC neighborhood)
  1. 2:00
  2. 3:00
  3. 4:00
  4. 5:00
  5. 6:00 (Filled)

Wednesday (Belmont/Sunnyside neighborhood)
  1. 2:00
  2. 3:00
  3. 4:00
  4. 5:00
  5. 6:00
  6. 7:00

Thursday
  1. 1:00
  2. 2:45 to 6:45 (Filled – CMC)
  3. 7:30 to 8:30 (Filled)

Friday
  1. 1:00
  2. 2:45 to 6:45 (Filled – CMC)

Saturday (Hawthorne/Mt Tabor Neighborhood)
  1. 10:00 a.m.
  2. 11:00 a.m.
  3. 12:00 p.m.
  4. 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (filled)
  5. 3:00 p.m.
  6. 4:00 p.m.
  7. 5:00 p.m.
  8. 6:00 p.m.
  9. 7:00 p.m. (filled)

I will give priority to students who have been with me the longest and are on my route. If you are outside of my route, we can talk. I might be purchasing a vehicle in the spring, but I am hoping the train/bus mode of travel works out. I enjoy the freedom of bus travel. :)

So, if you are interested in winter piano lessons, please reserve a spot ASAP! Otherwise, I can suggest a few teachers or you can be on my waiting list for late winter/early spring. I will continue to hold recitals at the end of fall term and the
end of spring term.

I have loved bringing music to all of you and I hope that you continue musically with me or with another teacher!

Please email or call if you have any questions.

Peace,


Teacher Zita

P.S. I am giving a concert on December 15, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at CMC.  My friend and student Margaret Butler has organized this as a fundraising event to help offset the cost of moving and hopefully getting a digital keyboard for my apartment in Salem.  No one will be turned away for lack of funds and every little bit helps! :)

No comments: