Friday, August 28, 2015

Fall Term and Recital Dates!


I found this photo on: http://faithhopeandlove-dawn.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-leaves.html




NOTE:  The blog I found this picture on has a fascinating segment on why leaves change colors !  I loved this: "Have to have consistent rain also because if there’s not enough rain the colors aren’t as vibrant & vivid".  Yes! Rain! Please!


 Hi Piano People!

Wow! Fall!  My favorite time of the year, just around the corner!

I hope this means the end of the hot weather! Not to whine, but it was a bit too hot for me this summer.

But I do hope all of my students and their families had fun, relaxing times!

I will be taking next week off to rest and plan for fall term.

Fall term will begin Saturday, September 5th, 2015. Labor Day is September 7th.  So if you are doing family things, we can always start your lesson the following week.

I have scheduled my student piano recitals for the year. So save the dates!


End of Fall Term Piano Recital 
Sunday, December 20th:  4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.

End of Spring Term Piano Recital 
Sunday, June 12th:  4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
 
As usual, I prefer to have the younger and beginning students perform at the earlier recitals.

As we get back into the swing of things, remember to make time in your busy schedules for piano practice.  I do not have a set time requirement. That depends on your family schedule, level and musical goals.  But I do recommend daily practice.  We can talk about a sample practice routine at your lessons.

I also find that people (including myself) put more effort into a musical piece that they really love. So as we start to think about recital, I would welcome suggestions for your performance pieces. Or I can just play a bunch of pieces and you can pick!

It is my desire to share with you the joy I experience in making music.  It has been my passion for over 50 years and I hope it will be yours too!  


Happy Back to School!
See you soon.

Teacher Zita :)

No comments: