Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Piano Blues






Dear Friends:

I am halfway through Summer Piano Blues Camp at the Community Music Center and having a blast! The kids are amazing!  I had a moment of panic last week when I saw how large the classes were. But this was a blessing in disguise because I got busy and designed a kickin' lesson plan with lots of activities to keep things rolling smoothly.

In fact, it's been so successful that I'd like to offer a summer piano blues focus for my private students!

Mind you, I am new to the blues myself. I've been playing the piano since I was 3, at which time I was taught notereading, so while I am a pretty darn good sight reader, my improv skills lay dormant for about 40 years!

I discovered the blues, and I discovered myself!  I found freedom to express myself and create. It's a wonderful outlet!

So any students interested in summer blues, in their private lessons, give me a holler! :)

Teacher Zita

No comments: